THE BRANDWEIN NATURE LEARNING PRESERVE USE REGULATIONS
The Paul F-Brandwein Institute, Inc. is a non-profit organization established to perpetuate the work of Paul F-Brandwein, educator, author, lecturer, editor, scientist and humanitarian and his wife, Mary A. Brandwein. The Institute is dedicated to the education of all learners in recognition of their interdependence with nature and responsibility for sustaining a healthful and healing environment.
The Brandwein Nature Learning Preserve on the property of the Brandwein Morholt Irrevocable Trust property (Rutgers Creek Wildlife Conservancy) includes a series of trails which will encourage environmental study and learning.
The following rules and regulations shall govern the use of the Brandwein Nature Learning Preserve in the Town of Greenville, Orange County, New York:
BOARD – The Board of Directors of the Paul F-Brandwein Institute.
FACILITY – The structures, trails, or parking area leased by the Paul F-Brandwein Institute in the Town of Greenville, off of Minisink Turnpike and Logtown Road.
ORGANIZATION – Any incorporated school, club, association, or group, acting jointly or individually.
PERSON – Any individual, family, or non-organized group, association or legal representative, acting individually.
TRUSTEES – Trustees of the Brandwein-Morholt Irrevocable Trust.
Persons Entitled to Use Facilities:
A. Requests for use of Brandwein Facilities must be received a minimum of 30 days prior to the intended date of use.
B. Facilities will be open for use from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. on dates approved for use.
C. Persons or organizations wishing to use Brandwein Facilities for specific dates shall first apply at www.brandwein.org/BNLPapp on the required application form with all requisite documentation. Applications shall be approved or denied by a designated Brandwein representative.
D. The use of all Facilities shall be subject to the rules of the Brandwein Institute Directors and the Trustees.
E. There is no fee for the use of the facilities, however, a $100.00 refundable deposit for group use is required. This fee may be changed from time to time by resolution of the Brandwein Directors and Trustees. The deposit will be returned to the applicant after an inspection of the facilities following the applicant’s visit.
F. Adult supervision is required for any activity involving persons under 18 years of age.
G. All organizational users must provide the following documentation to the designated Brandwein representative:
1. A current valid certificate of insurance naming the Brandwein Institute and the Brandwein-Morholt Irrevocable Trust as additional insured for the date(s) of use.
2. Comprehensive general liability limits of at least $1,000,000.00 per occurrence/$2,000,000.00 aggregate.
3. The request shall not be processed unless all requisite documentation is provided at the time of application.
H. Persons applying for use of the Facilities must provide either:
1. A valid certificate of insurance naming the Brandwein Institute and the Brandwein-Morholt Irrevocable Trust as additional insured for the date(s) of use,
2. A signed and acknowledged hold harmless agreement in the form provided by the designated Brandwein representative, with photo identification.
B. Nature Study
C. Field science study
E. Hiking on the existing trails
F. Picnicking at areas designated for such use.
G. Use of the pavilion for instruction and education.
H. Any other activity that may be authorized by the Board and Trustees.
Adherence to Posted Rules;
A. The rules and regulations, and any other rules posted on the site, shall be adhered to at all times.
B. Drugs, alcohol, and the consumption thereof are expressly prohibited from all Facilities.
C. Any activity that is not specifically permitted shall be prohibited. Prohibited activities shall include, but are not limited to:
1. Swimming, wading or bathing.
2. Ice skating.
3. Obstructing vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
4. Creating, or causing to be created, a hazardous or physically offensive condition.
5. Discharging of firearms or fireworks.
6. Hunting, fishing or trapping.
7. Picnicking in areas not designated for such activity.
8. Camping of any kind.
10. Defacing Brandwein property.
12. Engaging in violent behavior, fighting or threatening behavior.
13. Making unreasonable noise.
14. Selling, peddling, or hawking of food, beverages or wares.
15. Camp fires.
16. Use of profanity, objectionable language, disorderly conduct, or illegal or inappropriate activities.
17. Horseback riding.
18. Motorized transportation of any kind (ATV, motorcycle, snowmobile, minibike, etc.).
19. Destruction or vandalism of trees, vegetation, or structures.
20. No pets except seeing-eye dogs shall be permitted on Brandwein property.
A. Parking of motor vehicles shall be permitted only in designated areas during open hours.
Conditions of Use:
A. Damage to facilities shall be promptly repaired at the user’s expense.
B. All trash shall be removed from the site.
Activities at Brandwein Properties:
These rules or regulations for activities conducted at the Brandwein Facilities shall be considered conditions of allowing such activities.
Questions? Email BNLP@brandwein.org or phone 845-672-9297.